Because of the recent developments around the Coronavirus and accessory protocol: all admittance exams for Crossmedia Design, Fine Art and Moving Image will be a Skype interview instead of a visiting interview this year.
Participating in this interview is a mandatory part when you want to study at the AKI. During the admittance interview, the lecturer will judge whether this course will be the right fit for you. The admittance interview will have to prove that you have enough talent and motivation to succeed in this course. During the interview, you will give us an insight into your creative capability and interest, and you are able to explain your work.
In the Skype-interview of circa 30 minutes, you can show us what you are capable of – and tell us what you dream of. Find an explanation of this procedure down below.
1. Application through Studielink
2. Content of your portfolio/own work
3. Date Skype interview
4. Procedure Skype interview
1. Application You can apply for our courses through Studielink. You will need a DigiD or Studielink account. We offer three courses: Crossmedia Design, Fine Art ad Moving Image in Enschede. Make sure that, when you apply, you select the wright city. The next step will be that you have to choose your interview: Skype interview. Once applied, you will receive a confirmation email from ArtEZ and an information email from the AKI.
2. Content portfolio With the selection of your work we expect an overview of your work that will give us an insight into your persona, talents, and interests. Make sure that we can see what you have made in the past. Draw, paint, photograph, cut, stick, film show us all you can do! Also, show us your in-between results, we are very interested in sketchbooks! Upload everything to your own cloud. This can be either a website, google or OneDrive or any other online service. Then send us your link. When you think about the structure yourself instead of sending us separate images, this will be a plus. So, instead of sending us hundreds of separate images, you can save everything in one document such as a PDF or Powerpoint.
Deadline submitting online portfolio:
Dutch and EU students – June 22
NON-EU students – June 15
3. Dates Interview You will receive an email from us with access to a Calendar so you can choose your own timeslot for the interview.
4. Content Skype Interview Have an active attitude: make sure you can talk about your work. The lecturer will ask you about your motivation and inspiration and will also be curious about your knowledge about art and design. Decisive for the admittance will be your visual ability and creativity.
We will assess you on the following criteria:
- You are able to express yourself visually, to work from your perceptions and concept. You have a good understanding and a sense of colour, form, and material. Your work is authentic and original.
- You are motivated, a skilled communicator, you share your fascination and inspiration and display determination and discipline.
- You have an inquisitive and experimental attitude, you are curious and have a focused interest in the field of art and design.
– – –
AKI Academy of Art & Design Hulsmaatstraat 35 , 7523 WB Enschede, The Netherlands. Phone: +31 53482440